Giambotta or Italian Vegetable Stew is a great starter for Sunday dinner. I like it because you can use any vegetable you want. We used the eggplant and zucchini I had in my fridge.
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil / 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 Green Pepper diced
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Eggplant cubed
- 2 Zucchini sliced then quartered
- 2 pints Cherry Tomatoes (with stem cut out)
- 1) 28 oz can Tomato Sauce
- 1 package of Sweet Italian Sausage Links
- 1 package of Hot Italian Sausage Links
In a medium stock pot, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Saute the onion and green pepper for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low and add tomato sauce, eggplant and zucchini and cook for about 10 minutes. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat, cut the sausage links in thirds and cook until browned (about 5 minutes). Add the sausage and cherry tomatoes to the stock pot and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for about an hour and a half or until the sausage reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Hope you enjoy it as much as my family did!