Although it is still 100 degrees in the shade, fall is coming quickly! One of my all time favorite seafood side dishes is clam chowder. My Mom made the best clam chowder and this is my spin on her recipe! 🙂
- 1 Celery Stalk, chopped
- 1 Small Onion, chopped
- 1 Carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 Large Tomato, chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, finely chopped
- 2 cups Clam Juice
- 1 28oz can Tuttorosso Tomato Sauce
- 2 Medium Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 cups Fresh or Canned Clams, chopped
In a heavy 4 quart saucepan, saute the celery, carrot, onion and garlic over medium heat until tender (10 minutes). Add clam juice, tomato sauce, potatoes, tomato, oregano and pepper. Simmer for 35 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Add clams and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did as a kid!