Although I am not a huge fan of eggplant, this eggplant parmesan is easy and delicious. Instead of making a mess of your stove top frying the eggplant, I found it’s easier to just bake it!
- 2 medium Eggplants, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch round slices
- 2 cups Italian bread crumbs
- 2 1/2 cups Grated Parmesan Cheese (fresh grated is best)
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 24 oz jar Pasta Sauce (I prefer Classico if I don’t make it from scratch)
Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine bread crumbs and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Whisk the eggs with the milk. Dip the eggplant in the egg mix and then in the bread crumb mix covering both sides. Arrange the eggplant in a single layer on large baking sheets and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
In a 13 X 9 baking dish, spread 1 cup of pasta sauce evenly in the dish. Layer 1/2 of the eggplant slices, then 1 cup of sauce and 1 cup parmesan cheese. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Let it stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Hope you enjoy!