You can’t go wrong with a great spaghetti with meat sauce for dinner. I’ve been experimenting with this gravy and I finally got it right! If you like a thicker spaghetti sauce that sticks to your ribs, this is the gravy for you.
- 1 28oz can Tuttorosso Tomato Sauce
- 1 6 oz can Tuttorosso Tomato Paste
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Small Onion Diced
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Fresh Grated Parmesan
- 14 oz Water (1/2 Tomato Sauce can)
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 lb Ground Beef drained (ground turkey for healthy alternative)
- 8 oz Spaghetti Noodles
In a medium skillet, brown your ground beef until fully cooked and drain. In a large stock pot, saute your garlic and onion in the olive oil on medium heat until the onion is transparent. Add your tomato sauce, tomato paste and water and whisk until the paste has been fully incorporated. Add the sugar, parmesan and seasonings and whisk until the cheese is fully incorporated. Add your ground beef and cook on low for about 45 minutes (stirring every 15 minutes). Cook the pasta according to the package directions and drain. Ladle the gravy over your noodles, sprinkle with freshly grated or shredded parmesan and enjoy!
* If you like a lot of pasta with your gravy, cook 12 oz. We are carnivores and like a lot of meat sauce with our noodles. 🙂
* If you have picky kids like mine who wont eat vegetables or meat, puree peeled and steamed zucchini, the onion, and cooked ground beef and add it to the gravy. I use my smoothie blender to make sure it is completely smooth before I add it to the gravy. They’ll be eating healthy and never know it’s there! #momwins! Or you can omit the meat altogether.