Baby it’s cold outside! So, it’s time to break out my soup, chowder and chili recipes. My corn chowder is easy to prepare and a great meal for these cold winter nights.
- 2 cups Corn
- 1 cup Rice
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 stalks Celery, chopped
- 2 Large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 Red Pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 Medium White Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 8 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- Chives, chopped for garnish (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste (optional)
In a large stock pot, bring the broth and potatoes to a rapid boil. Add the rice, corn, onion, celery, carrots, and red pepper and reduce to simmer. Cook covered for 45 minutes. Add the cream and cook uncovered on low for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened. Salt and pepper to taste. I don’t use either in this recipe but it is a matter of taste. 😀 Garnish each serving with chives and enjoy!